Director of Engineering
Vulcan Cyber is looking for a Senior Director of Engineering to lead and scale it’s engineering group.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing engineering teams at scale, in a hyper dynamic environment, while delivering sublime, premium quality product. Furthermore, it would be expected of you to build repeatable and scalable engineering processes, aligned with concrete goals and strict timelines. You would also be required to manage the engineering group budget, as well as build the engineering hiring capabilities to scale.
If you believe in a data-driven and people centric engineering culture, that provides freedom and independence to ownership-loving developers, and want to build a development organization that continuously learns and improves, without compromising on providing fast paced and hyper quality results, Vulcan is the right place for you!
- Lead a data-driven, fast paced and hyper quality driven engineering group.
- Oversee engineering processes, while continuously improving efficiency and quality.
- Foster and embrace innovation in any aspect of the group, product, technology and operations.
- Make sure that the different teams are in sync, working as a coherent unit and in the most efficient way.
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations.
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources.
- Hire engineers and managers, and coordinate their training and on-boarding
- At least 4 years as a Senior Director of Engineering or in a similar senior-level position in a fast paced engineering organization.
- Superb leadership abilities and a strategic mindset and hunger for efficiency and improvement.
- Extensive experience with SaaS platforms and CI/CD methodologies.
- Proven track record of setting goals and KPIs and the supporting processes to meet them.
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Data science and business intelligence experience – advantage.
- Cybersecurity industry experience – advantage.