Head of Product Design
Do you Get things Done? Get Fix Done!
We are seeking a talented, mid to senior-level product designer to work closely with PM and Engineering to architect our product experience. The ideal candidate will be a practicing UX/Product designer and leader.
What will you do?
As the Head of Product Design at Vulcan, you will build and lead our new product design department and set the tone of the product look and feel.
- Complete end-to-end ownership of our entire user experience and design process.
- Define work methodologies, work processes, and design standards, and work on constant improvements of tools and guides.
- Partner with Product, Business, and Tech stakeholders to shape Vulcan’s product design.
- Educate and communicate the importance of UX, design, and writing.
- Create design initiatives that meet the business objectives
- Understand our users and measure what matters, learn, iterate and improve in an Agile manner.
- 6+ years product design experience
- Experience designing SaaS web-based enterprise products
- Experience working within a fast-paced, agile startup environment
- Full-stack design skills, able to take on (guerrilla) user research and testing, competitive/comparative research, conceptual design/IA (wireframing), and visual design.
- Experience delivering elegant solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional communication skills to articulate functional and UI choices to clients and team members.
- Ability to prove how design decisions directly led to successful project outcomes.
- Proven experience working with product teams
- Experience in cybersecurity – Advantage
- Experience leading design team - advantage
- A true team player with positive and fun energy, who actively seeks out feedback, and iterates quickly.