As the global cost of cybercrime continues to rise, so does the need for an efficient cyber security management plan. How confident are you that your company has an effective cybersecurity strategy? Below, we have provided a list of security measures to see where your organization stands.
Do you have:
1. Security & privacy controls:
- Prevention controls make it harder for hackers to intrude into your computer networks. They include testing for vulnerabilities, user access controls, and password maintenance.
- Detection controls identify threats and report them as soon as they are detected. This involves looking for changes in system configurations and firewall security.
- Cybersecurity policies set the standard for the types of behaviors and activities that employees can undertake, such as restrictions on sharing passwords or using unapproved applications. They are critical to preventing costs and preserving the organization’s public image.
- Create a “Culture of Fix.” Employees can become unknowing contributors to malware attacks, so it’s important that everyone in the organization understands risk and becomes a contributor to better cyber hygiene.
- Implement security training. Both staff and management should be educated on the importance of cybersecurity and the dangers of cyber crimes in order to become proactive defenders of attacks.
2. Awareness of your vulnerabilities:
- Awareness of vulnerabilities helps your team manage risks so that they can prevent attacks from happening in the first place.
- Maintain vulnerabilities SLA. Sometimes a security professional may decide to be more “tolerant” with vulnerabilities (for several reasons like lack of personnel etc). This leaves their networks more exposed to potential attacks. Awareness of vulnerabilities and remediation processes makes it easier to prioritize the workload, and focus on what matters most.
3. Risk remediation tools and processes:
- Cybersecurity is an ongoing process that requires continual attention and tracking.
- Risk remediation is a key part of following and prioritizing risks so they can be dealt with more efficiently.
- Remediation tools like Vulcan Cyber can help you prioritize and eliminate vulnerabilities so you don’t have to actively monitor your computer networks.
At Vulcan, we aim to not only fix threats once they are detected but also avoid vulnerabilities in the first place, saving millions of dollars in expenses. Take back control of your cyber security management with Vulcan Free today.