Turn on the light and get fix done in 2021
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest times, if one only remembers to turn on the light,” said Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts headmaster.
2020 was a hell of a year, surely the craziest of my life and I would guess it was for many of you as well. It is easy to dwell on the dark times but I prefer to look at 2020 as a year of overcoming challenges and reaching new peaks.
For Vulcan Cyber, 2020 started off with a bang when we received news we were selected as a finalist for the 2020 RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox competition. I still remember looking comically at all of the hand sanitization stations in the Moscone Center thinking the world had gone crazy. Little did we know we were facing the beginning of a pandemic that would soon be our all-consuming reality.
In my wildest dreams I couldn’t have imagined managing a startup company during a global pandemic. It wasn’t easy at first, but luckily, Vulcan’s culture of transparency, direct and continuous communication, and creativity, allowed us to slide into this “new normal.” The rest of 2020 is now history and we are proud of what we accomplished.
Despite many challenges and uncertainties, and thanks to the awesome Vulcan family, we’ve grown annual recurring revenue 500% year-over-year and now count some of the most-amazing companies in the world as our customers.
Here are a few more Vulcan Cyber 2020 accomplishments I’m most proud of:
- We hosted The Remediation Summit, the first-ever Vulcan Cyber virtual user conference with keynotes and breakout sessions from Akamai, Snowflake, Levi’s, and HBO Max cybersecurity experts, and from the Vulcan Cyber brain trust.
- Major Vulcan product releases delivered risk-based vulnerability prioritization and remediation analytics to our customers.
- We integrated with dozens of best-of-breed tools in 2020 including Snyk, Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud, JFrog, Synack, and HackerOne to help our customers get the most out of their vulnerability management and cybersecurity tooling investments.
- The launch of Vulcan Remedy Cloud as the world’s first and largest open library of curated remedies for thousands of vulnerabilities and CVEs. Try it free.
- The vulnerability remediation maturity model was introduced to the world as a way to approach vulnerability management and drive remediation outcomes.
- Our new brand and website featuring Vulcan vulnerability remediation orchestration and our kick-ass slogan, “Get fix done.”
- We hired two new executives to help take Vulcan Cyber to the next level of success. Nevo Laron was appointed as our VP of customer service, and Rhett Glauser was appointed as our VP of marketing.
Not bad in the middle of a global pandemic, right? We did the best we could to turn on the light.
Unfortunately the darkness of 2020 will extend into 2021 for many who are working tirelessly to protect their companies and organizations from the threat of the SolarWinds hack. It looks like the impact of this one will be unprecedented, and there is no question the IT security teams that have implemented more mature vulnerability remediation processes and maintained good cyber hygiene will be better off.
We’re doing our part to help. Get all of the remedies for the vulnerabilities targeted in the Sunburst attack campaign for free through Remedy Cloud.
Vulnerability management isn’t enough. Vulnerability remediation orchestration is the best way to defend and protect your cyber estate. Now is the time to turn on the light and get fix done in 2021.